Post App Tracking Transparency (ATT), there will be changes but it’s not a complete switch off where everything you’re doing today no longer works. You will need to adapt to the new ecosystem and it starts by understanding how the data flow changes from what we are used to.
As the data flow changes, the signals received can be counted with the fingers of one hand. Understanding the end-to-end process and knowing what data points are available will become crucial.
Step by Step on Smadex post-ATT
0. Smadex wins a bid with a response that was signed for SKAd
1. The Publisher shows a Smadex ad
2. The ad is shown to the user. The SDK of the publisher notifies of this view (for VTA attribution)
3. Smadex sends impression pixel to MMP
4. The user clicks on the ad
5. The App where the ad was shown receives a click. Then, using the new MMP SDK, the app notifies Apple of the click
6. Smadex sends the click notification to MMP
7. Install occurs
8. The user opens the app
9. Apple (user device) starts the countdown that is triggered by the app’s new MMP SDK.
10. After 24/48 hours has passed, the device sends a SKAd postback to Smadex, notifying the install
11. Smadex sends SKAd postback to MMP, so it also knows that there was this install notified from SKAd
12. Some MMPs will send back the postback with some additional information to Smadex. A common example of this additional information is the translation of the conversion_value to standard events
App Tracking TransparencyATTData Flowios14SKAdSKadnetwork
Have you started working on your SKAd Strategy? Get in touch with our team to start testing now.