Smadex technology powers advertisements that can appear on web sites and applications on mobile phones or other devices connected to the mobile internet. You may interact directly with our servers (for example, when you click on an ad) or indirectly via the mobile web site or application that displays the ads.
Purpose of data collection
With each interaction between your device and our ad servers we collect certain information, which we will describe below. We use this information in order to help deliver more interesting and relevant ads to you, in order to provide to our customers and partners reports that contain aggregated data (for instance, the number of ads delivered each day, the number of clicks on those ads, and so on), in order to analyze trends, and in order to perform fraud detection.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you. We do, however, record and use information that is not personally identifiable, including but not limited to the following:
- the IP address of your device on the mobile internet, to help us identify your mobile operator, connection type, and other details;
- the ‘user agent’ of your browser or application, and other relevant request headers, to help us identify your device type;
- the date and time of the ad request or interaction; and
- a unique identifier, such as an HTTP cookie or device identifier, that enables us not to show you the same ad over and over again.
We also encourage (but do not require) our publishers to share with us additional information that is not personally identifiable information, but that we may use in order to improve ad relevance. This data may include:
- your age or age range, if known to the publisher;
- your gender, if known to the publisher; and
- your geographic location, if known to the publisher.
Use of information
We may use this non personally identifiable information along with our technology in order to provide ads that are likely to be more interesting and more relevant to mobile device users to target advertising (this is also known as behavioral, or interest-based advertising). However, at this moment we do not run behavioral advertising campaigns.
We may share this non personally identifiable information with clients, vendors, and other companies with whom we conduct business. We may also use some of this data to provide interest-based advertising. As a general rule, we don’t collect personally identifiable information. We may transfer, storage, and use data in the United States or in certain countries where data protection laws may be different from the EU regulations, and our patners may do the same. In the event that we carry out such data transfer, storage or usage in such countries, we shall take all appropriate measures in order to make sure that it complies with the EU personal data protection regulations, if applicable.
If you wish to block these cookies, you will need to change the relevant settings on your mobile device. Some, but not all, mobile platforms allow you to manage settings specifically for the smadex.com domain; on others you can only control cookies at a global level. Details on how to do this vary based on your mobile device operating system and browser, but common cases can be addressed as follows:
- From the home screen of your device, select the “Settings” icon
- Select ‘Safari’ from the list
- To adjust the cookie settings, tap ‘Accept Cookies’
- Choose either “Never”, “From visited”, or “Always”
- Open the browser app
- Push the ‘Menu’ button
- From the options that are shown to be running, select the ‘More’ option
- Select the ‘Settings’ function from the list of browser functions
- Scroll down to the ‘Accept cookies’ option. If the box is checked, uncheck it to disable cookies; if the box is unchecked, select it in order to enable cookies.
We may run retargeting campaigns based on user lists provided directly by the advertisers, to reach a precise audience.
Questions and Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us:
Carrer Rosselló 33, SA