JUNIOR BIG DATA BACK-END DEVELOPER
Smadex is a leader in the mobile advertising evolution, with a Real Time Bidding (RTB) programmatic platform built on powerful machine learning technology. Smadex provides solutions for countless advertisers and marketers around the world and specializes in branding and performance strategies that drive awareness, customer engagement, sales, and ROI.
Smadex was recently acquired by Headway, a global and data-driven media buying company with offices in America, Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Their integrated solutions combine industry expertise and advanced technologies to deliver the top performing marketing and advertising solutions in the industry. Headway is now part of Entravision, a public media company in the US.
Our back-end team is looking for a Big Data Back-end Developer to help us build one of the most sophisticated platforms you can ever imagine, whilst using the most agile technologies and lean methodologies to beat our global competitors. The right candidate will be ambitious and eager to further develop their knowledge on a daily basis.
- Build and maintain software products and plan the best solutions whilst keeping in mind the big picture
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Architect and build server side platforms using both Node.js and JVM-based languages
- Integrate new international world class companies providing advertising traffic
- Improve and upgrade current integration pipes with huge companies like Twitter and Google
- Implement new features driving through the whole process of retrieving requirements, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining
What’s in for you:
- Opportunity to have a real impact in one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptional work environment with friendly pepes
- Opportunity to lead tech partners (Twitter, Google, AOL, etc) in the digital marketing world
- Beautiful office space with a big terrace and Friday BBQs
- Continuous development of your knowledge about the industry, the kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!
- Company support to reach personal and professional growth. We’ll guide you in the right direction
- Fully stocked fridge with fruit, snacks, biscuits, beer and soft drinks
- Team building events
Skills and experience required:
- Hands on experience with Java Spring Framework
- Experience with MySQL, Linux servers and developing REST APIs
- Experience in finding performance issues by profiling with tools like jProfiler and debugging code
- Understanding of the benefits of good software design patterns mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to multitask in a result-oriented business environment
- Problem solving and accountability skills
- You have experience in development using TDD principles
- You’ve worked with systems/tools such as Node.js, Nginx, Jenkins or Scala
- You have experience in writing cloud deployed applications using AWS