Smadex is leading the revolution of mobile advertising with its RealTime Bidding (RTB) programmatic platform. Do you want to enjoy the city of Barcelona and be part of one of the best startups of the European scene, competing with Google and Facebook in their own back yard? Now you can.
We are searching for a new ambitious member of our star back-end team who is willing to learn a lot and help us build one of the most sophisticated platforms you can imagine, answering millions of requests per second within strict 100 millisecond response time requirements, and using the most advanced machine learning algorithms to beat our global competitors. If you are up to the challenge, the challenge will not let you down. Come and help us revolutionize the industry and with the latest on data streaming, parallel processing of massive amount of events per second with Flink and Spark, fully automated global scale infrastructure, optimization to sub-millisecond business logics and the latest in the state-of-the-art big data technologies in the market.
- Build and maintain software products and plan the best solution keeping in mind the whole product.
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions.
- Architect and build server side platforms using both Node.js and JVM-based languages
- Integrate new international world class companies providing advertising traffic.
- Improve/Upgrade current integration pipes with huge companies like Twitter and Google.
- Implementing new features driving through the whole process of retrieving requirements, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining.
What is in it for you:
- Have a real impact in one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe.
- Exceptional work environment.
- Exposure to leading tech partners (Twitter, Google, AOL, etc.) in the digital marketing world.
- You will develop very deep knowledge of the industry.
- Your personal and professional growth is important to us, and we’ll help you drive in the right direction.
- Fully stocked fridge.
- Flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office space with big terrace (from which we have awesome BBQs on Fridays).
- TeamBuilding activities
What you need to be successful:
- You are an A team player.
- Selfmotivated with the ability to work independently and sense of accountability.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multitask in a result oriented business environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Pragmatic thinking and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- Enjoy collaborating with business partners and engineers across the company to understand and solve problems
- Love having an impact and improving the organization as a whole
- Understanding the benefits of good software design patterns mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- Experience writing cloud deployed applications using AWS is a plus.
- You have worked with systems/tools such as Node.js, Nginx, Jenkins, Scala or Java.