TEAM LEAD FRONT-END DEVELOPER
Smadex is a leader in the mobile advertising evolution, with a Real-Time Bidding (RTB) programmatic platform built on powerful machine learning technology. Smadex provides solutions for countless advertisers and marketers around the world and specializes in branding and performance strategies that drive awareness, customer engagement, sales, and ROI.
Smadex was recently acquired by Headway, a global and data-driven media buying company with offices in America, Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Their integrated solutions combine industry expertise and advanced technologies to deliver the top performing marketing and advertising solutions in the industry. Headway is now part of Entravision, a public media company in the US.
Our front-end team is looking for a savvy leader to guide them in the right direction whilst getting their hands dirty to clearly understand the full picture. The final candidate will help the team build one of the most sophisticated platforms you can ever imagine by using the most agile technologies and lean methodologies to beat our global competitors. We’re looking for an ambitious leader who is eager to further develop their knowledge on a daily basis to make a measurable impact in the business.
- Lead a team of 2 front-end developers and set the right direction and focus to work collaboratively and efficiently. You will be their guide whilst getting your hands dirty with product development reporting directly to the CTO
- Set the good foundations of the team aiming to help it grow quickly
- Build and maintain software products and plan the best solutions whilst keeping in mind the big picture
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Implement new features driving through the whole process of retrieving requirements, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining
- Quickly iterate on features as well as lay the front-end foundation for the long-term
- Drive and shape the front-end architecture for new and existing applications maintained by the team
What’s in for you:
- Opportunity to have a real impact on one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe
- Work closely with tech leads.
- An opportunity to grow a team from 2 to ten front-end developers in the short-term.
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptional work environment with friendly peeps
- Opportunity to be part of an agile Startup with a strong focus on innovation and technology
- Beautiful office space with a big terrace and Friday BBQs
- Continuous development of your knowledge about the industry, the kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!
- Opportunity to lead tech partners (Twitter, Google, AOL, etc) in the digital marketing world
- Company support to reach personal and professional growth. We’ll guide you in the right direction
- Fully stocked fridge with fruit, snacks, biscuits, beer and soft drinks
- Team building events
Skills and requirements needed:
- Deep understanding of good software design patterns mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- Experience with SQL and unit testing frameworks
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Strong experience building RESTful services
- You have hands-on experience with Node.js and building APIs considering security, throttling and scalability aspects
- You have experience with any Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar
- You have experience with automation tools like Gulp, Grunt and Gradle