SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Smadex is a leader in the mobile advertising evolution, with a Real Time Bidding (RTB) programmatic platform built on powerful machine learning technology. Smadex provides solutions for countless advertisers and marketers around the world and specializes in branding and performance strategies that drive awareness, customer engagement, sales, and ROI.
Smadex was recently acquired by Headway, a global and data-driven media buying company with offices in America, Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Their integrated solutions combine industry expertise and advanced technologies to deliver the top performing marketing and advertising solutions in the industry. Headway is now part of Entravision, a public media company in the US.
If you want to enjoy beautiful Barcelona and be part of one of the best startups in the European scene, competing with Google and Facebook in their own advertising expertise, then this is the place for you!
To help us maintain our continual growth and our strong position in the industry, we are searching for an ambitious Senior Data Scientist to help us bring Machine Learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you’re seriously into data, then there’s no hottest topic in the market than what you will learn with us.
- Lead research projects whilst keeping business priorities in mind
- Design, implement, train, evaluate and optimize novel predictive algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- Define and perform experiments leveraging relevant large-scale datasets to identify and tune viable proof-of-concept approaches
- Transfer and optimize proven approaches to run in the cloud
- Work both independently and in small focus teams throughout the full project lifecycle, from project inception to monitoring production
What’s in for you:
- Opportunity to lead tech partners (Twitter, Google, AOL, etc) in the digital marketing world
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptional work environment with friendly peeps
- Continuous development of your knowledge about the industry, the kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!
- Opportunity to have a real impact in one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe
- Company support to reach personal and professional growth. We’ll guide you in the right direction
- Fully stocked fridge with fruit, snacks, biscuits, beer and soft drinks
- Beautiful office space with a big terrace and Friday BBQs
- Team building events
Skills and requirements needed:
- 2-5 years of relevant data or research experience and past coding experience
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to multitask in a result-oriented business environment
- Master degree in Math, Engineering or Data Analysis related is prefered
- You’re interested in learning and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- You’re quick learner and self reliant
- You’re familiar with AWS
- You’ve worked with big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, HDFS, Yarn, etc
- You’ve worked with systems/tools such as Java, Scala, Python, R, Node.js, shell scripting, Jenkins